Fathers and father-figures,
WATCH D.O.G.S.® is an innovative program implemented by schools across America. The committed involvement of fathers and father-figures in their student’s life positively impacts each school. Our goal is to have you spend at least one day this year at McSpedden Elementary to be a positive male role model and to provide an extra set of eyes and ears on campus.
Dads, granddads, step-dads, uncles, and adult brothers...this is your chance to participate in many of the activities at your child's school and peek behind the scenes.
The staff at McSpedden has put together a detailed schedule that will get you into all areas of the school including P.E. and Elective classes, having lunch with your kids, the Library, and touring parts of the school you normally do not get to see.
Here are the steps to get signed up for a Day of Service:
- View the WatchDOGS Kick Off Meeting presentation: Read about the Watch D.O.G.S. program, a WatchDOG's role and responsibilities, and a typical Day in the Life of a WatchDOG. Decide if you want to be a WatchDOG. https://WatchDOGSKickOff2017.pdf
- Get on the McSpedden WatchDOG roster: Send Bob Bloem (McSpedden's Watch D.O.G.S. Coordinator) your name, email address, mobile phone number (for texts), and children's information (name, grade, teacher). Reach Bob at email@example.com or 469.556.9281.
- Background Check: - Go to Frisco ISD Background Check to complete a Frisco ISD volunteer background check. A cleared background check is mandatory and may take 10 business days or more. This must be repeated each school year.
- Get a Shirt - You may order Watch D.O.G.S. gear and other apparel at http://dogstore2.fathers.com/test-category.html. Every WatchDOG must wear an official WatchDOG shirt while on school grounds.
- Schedule your Day of Service on our Online Calendar - http://www.sagepoint.com/McSpeddenWatchDOGS2017
McSpedden Watch D.O.G.S. Coordinator