Join the PTA Today!
What is PTA? Why join PTA? The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more PTA advantages:
- Get Connected. PTA helps you keep up with what’s happening at your school.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students. Getting involved in your child’s learning is a great key to successful learning.
- Tap into a Network. PTA functions allow you to meet other parents and teachers, build rapport and discuss issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Have a Voice. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school. By joining PTA, you are becoming part of the largest child advocacy organization in the state with over 500,000 members across Texas. We can reform legislative policies to improve our children’s lives.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you can help make positive changes. Research has proven that children do better when their parents are involved both at home and at school. Grades and test scores climb, self-esteem grows, and schools improve!
How does the McSpedden PTA benefit me and my family?
The McSpedden PTA provides our students and school the following benefits (and much more!!!):
- Collaborates with school administration to identify the wants and needs of the community
- Raises funds to procure the school's wants and needs including:
(2014-2016) Purchased guided reading books and library books ($15,000+)
(2015-2017) Raising funds for playground improvements
(2018-2019) Raised funds for interactive outdoor brain break area
(2020-2021) Raised funds for outdoor picnic tables
(2021-Ongoing) Raising funds to extend turf in the fenced-in playground area
- Provides programs to educate and inspire students (e.g., anti-bullying, cyber-safety)
- Utilizes social media and newsletters to communicate school activities
- Provides support to administration, teachers (via room parents), and staff
- Facilitates volunteer opportunities (e.g., book fair, carpool, helping hands - cafeteria support)
- Provides scholarship opportunities
- Allows participation in PTA events (e.g., Reflections)
- Grants voting privileges at Membership meetings
How much does PTA cost? What does my money go towards?
- PTA Member Dues are $12.00 per adult or $20.00 for two related adults. A portion of the donation goes directly to the National PTA and Texas PTA and the rest goes to the local McSpedden PTA. The money supports programs geared towards education, health and fitness, and community.
Send PTA membership questions and feedback to: MembershipMcSpeddenPTA@gmail.com
- Friday, February 3
- Monday, February 6
- Tuesday, February 7
- Wednesday, February 8
- Thursday, February 9
- Friday, February 10
We are very thankful for our generous PTA Sponsors!
We are so grateful to our wonderful sponsors!
Thank you for investing in our children and school!
Please contact our VP of Fundraising with any questions: